How To Get Fast Roofing Leads

72% of Roofing Leads Hang Up When They Get Your Voice Mail

They don’t know you!

You have to put yourself in your caller’s shoes to understand why most of your roofing prospects are hanging up.

The conversation in a prospect’s mind sounds something like this…

“I don’t know who to choose.

Oh, wait. This roofing company looks decent. I’ll try them.

[ring. ring. ring. ring. ring. voice mail.]

Well, crap. If they can’t answer the phone, they’re probably no good.

I want a real, professional roofing company–not one of those fly-by-night guys.

Oh, look. Here’s another roofer. Let’s try them.

Maybe they’ll pick up the phone…

[ring. ring. ring. hang up early.]

Do any of these people work for a living!?!?

I’ve got more things to do today than beg a roofer to talk to me. I’ll try one more. If they don’t answer, I’ll call my Mom. She always knows who to call.

You know what? I’m just going to call Mom now.

[ring. ring. HELLO!]”

Trust & Credibility

Trust and credibility are developed over time in a relationship; voice mail is not enough time to develop even the beginning of a relationship.

Prospects don’t know you and don’t know if they like you…or if you’ll like them.

It is a very frightening thing to pick up the phone and call somebody you don’t know about something you don’t fully understand and ask them to help you without feeling extremely vulnerable.

It’s like the boy in middle school asking a girl to the school dance for the first time. If things don’t work out, he may not try asking again for another couple of years.

Nobody likes the idea of feeling awkward and rejected or, even worse, taken advantage of. People are fragile. You have to help them out.

For the majority of prospects calling you, your first chance to build a relationship starts as soon as you say, “Hello.”

After you answer, their first impression is decided within the first 7 seconds.

However, if you never pick up the phone, you are invisible to your roofing leads. You’re just a number they called once and quickly forgot. Poof! Invisible!

Not Everybody Hangs Up

True.

Not everybody hangs up, but if you’re building your business on the 28% of prospects who do leave a message, imagine how much more business you’d have if you answered the other 72% of your roofing leads when they called on the first or second ring?

Yes, they liked you enough to pick up the phone and call, but that’s where the magic stops for most roofing leads. Until you answer your phone, your best chance at a sale happened one or two rings ago.

You absolutely, positively have to answer the phone fast!

Yes, I know not all of your callers are roofing leads…some are sales calls…or bill collectors…and you are very busy…and, well, you just don’t want to answer your phone every time it rings.

The solution to all of these problems is very simple!

Start answering your phone every single time it rings, as soon as it rings, until you have so much roofing business you can pay all your bills and hire a professional answering service to answer your roofing leads fast for you.

Peace,
Mike

P.S. If you’re spending good money on advertising, $350+ weekly, but your phone isn’t ringing as often as you’d like, contact me and we’ll talk about ways I can help you get your phone ringing again.